How safe is your identity online, and your data offline?
Quick heads-up. Because coming up, next week, here with the_guv…
Better Anonymity with wpCop.com
UPDATE: Feb 2013
This guide is old. The theory is good but the practise is worn.
For up-to-date advice please check out my new site wpCop which, while niche targetting WordPress security, also covers the bases for PC, web and server security.
- risk.wpcop.com considers the risks we face
- pc.wpcop.com looks at device security techniques
- web.wpcop.com shows how to surf safely and anonymously
If you’ve got any security-related questions, pop by the the wpCop forums.
Hope that helps.
A comprehensive guide, spread over 5 posts, each detailing in non-geek-Greek, easy-to-follow bullet points:-
- Mon: Anonymising your PC (Part 1)
- Tue: Tips to Surf Safe (Part 2)
- Wed: How to Accept Cookies (Part 3)
- Fri: Video How-to: Set up a Proxy Server (Part 5)
As you can see, all the bases are covered:-
- find the level of anonymity to suit you
- have greater control of your identity
- enjoy faster, safer surfing
- have a more secure computer
- receive all sorts of other useful tidbits of information too, along the series, promise!
I know you’ll learn from it. I hope you enjoy it. Surf safe!